Graphic design service is more than just aesthetics; it is a form of visual communication between your business and your target audience. Businesses use graphics in every stage of the sales & marketing funnel to inform, and eventually persuade to take action.
If you truly believe that your business can exist without compelling visual communications, rethink once more. In one way or another, you will need to visually communicate your business product and service’s features, specifications, benefits, and differentiators to your target audiences.
Different Types of Graphic Designing
- Brand Identity Graphic Design: A brand is a relationship between a business or organization and its target audience. A brand identity is how the organization communicates its personality, tone, and essence, as well as emotions, and experiences. Brand identity graphic design is exactly the visual elements of brand identity that act as the face of your brand to communicate those qualities through images, videos, shapes, and color.
- Marketing & Advertising Graphic Design: Companies invest in marketing efforts to influence the decision-making process of their target audience. Visual designers who create graphics for advertising and marketing purposes work directly with decision-makers and marketing professionals. Some examples of advertising and marketing graphic designs are brochures, flyers, newsletters, ebooks, social media posts, etc.
- User Interface Graphic Design: A user interface includes all of the things people interact with the screen, touchpad, keyboard, and mouse. In the context of visual designers, UI design focuses on the user’s visual experience and the design of on-screen visual elements like buttons, forms, menus, micro-interactions, and etc. The best graphic design service providers will balance aesthetic appeal with technical functionality. UI designers concentrate on desktop applications, mobile applications, web applications, and games.
- Publication Graphic Design: Publications are a form of content that communicates with the audience through public distribution. They have traditionally been a print medium. Publication designs can be done for books, newspapers, magazines, and catalogs. However, there’s recently been a huge rise in digital publishing. Creative designers create layouts with selected typography and accompanying artwork, which includes photography, graphics, and illustrations.
- Packaging Graphic Design: Most products require some sort of packaging to guard and prepare them for storage, distribution, and sale. Packaging design will be communicating directly to the consumers, which makes it an extremely important marketing tool. Every box, bottle, and bag, every can, container, or canister may be a chance to inform the story of a brand. Packaging designers create concepts, develop mockups and make print-ready files for a product.
What is Graphic Design Theory?
Graphic Design theory is mainly the asking and answering of the question “Why should I design it this way?” If you can’t answer that question at every stage of the design process, you probably need to do a bit more thinking.
Here we’ll break down the basics of what we concede to be design theory.
The five design principles should be utilized in every design project you’re employed on. Each principle is an important part of a design, but how they work together is that the most crucial thing to think about when trying to speak a message to a specific audience.
- Hierarchy: Grouping similar things close to each other implies that they are related to each other in some way—hierarchy is fundamental in creating an organization in a design.
- Alignment: Proper Alignment of elements on a page creates stunning visual connections and a uniform design. It allows the viewer’s eyes to ascertain order, which makes for easier, easier viewing.
- Repetition: Repeating elements creates associations and familiarity—certain elements of a design, if they’re repeated, are often wont to quickly and simply identify a brand, publication, etc.
- Contrast: Contrast design is created when two elements are complete opposites in nature, like a classic and contemporary font or cool and warm colors. Using it creates impact and emphasis during a design.
- Balance: Balance is that the weight distributed on a page by how things are placed in their appropriate positions. There are two kinds of balance, symmetrical balance & balance by tension. It provides design stability and structure.
Working together all five design principles create a design that’s visually appealing and structured in order that legibility and readers’ comfort are key to the planning.
5 Reasons Why Professional Graphic Design Matters
Steve Jobs once said, “Design isn’t just what it’s like and seems like. Design is how it works.” The best graphic design service provider understands that fonts, colors, videos, and images are merely resources for telling a story.
When used correctly, those resources not only catch your eye but also convey valuable information, like your company’s mission, vision, and purpose. Unfortunately, most businesses notoriously undervalue graphic design. If you’re a business owner, here are the reasons why professional graphic design matters.
- First Impressions Matter:
Did you know that most of the visitors form an opinion about a website in less than 50 milliseconds? That’s not much time to grab your visitor’s attention and make them feel something better about your brand. And, out of all the planning elements on a page, it’s the corporate logo that pulls the foremost attention from visitors.
The high-quality design of your logo, brochure, or flyer, etc. gives your business credibility. You may offer an excellent product or service, but if a customer doesn’t get past a negative first impression, it doesn’t matter how great your product or service is.
- Design Sets Your Company Apart:
One thing all businesses have in common is that each one among them faces competition. No matter what you already do to line your company apart, have you ever considered how creativity can offer you a foothold over the competition? The way your company communicates your message visually is different to line your company apart.
- Tells Your Company Story:
An image, logo, or social media graphic can quickly provide a snapshot of your company’s story. That’s because good graphic designers aren’t simply artists; they’re information designers who make the complex easy to know. That takes talent and knowledge, something many folks lack when it involves good graphic design.
To ensure your story is heard loud and clear, enlist the assistance of an experienced graphic designer who understands your mission, vision, and values.
- Best Graphic Design Compels :
Graphic design is all about influencing customers and compelling them to interact with you. (This leads to purchases). For example, a well-optimized designed website will direct visitors to an intended action (such as a “signup now” button).
A well-designed pamphlet keeps customers turning pages. The best graphic design service provider uses art to guide audiences, influence clients, and compel customers to take action. This gives small businesses that utilize graphic design the potential for nice results. If you’re not using a graphic design that’s well done, you’re leaving money on the table.
- Social Media Engagement:
Social Media is one of the best platforms to not only find new potential customers but also helps to develop a loyal audience following. And the best way to do that is through the best graphic design.
Everything from your cover image to your social media posts should quickly help people identify your brand. Make sure your designs are visually interesting but strictly follow brand guidelines.
Graphic design plays a crucial role within the modern competitive business environment. Businesses need the best graphic designer service to create impressive marketing materials. To affect competition, a graphic design strategy has become essential.
For a good graphic design team that understands how to get your business noticed – contact MetroMindz, one of the best graphic design company in Bangalore.
I was unsure if the graphic design should be done in-house or not but got to understand what a professional graphic designer can do for my business only after reading this blog.